Excellent opportunity for a Site Manager within a growing family run company. Opportunity to progress and grow with role and company as the business expands.
Salary £210-£240 per day based on experience.
Roles and Responsibilities – Site Manager
• Plan and co-ordinate a project from start to finish, including organising the schedule of work, costings, and budget.
• Plan the work and oversee the buying of necessary materials and equipment.
• Hire and manage staff for the project.
• Manage the construction site on a day-to-day basis, including supervising the labour force, monitoring subcontractors, checking materials, inspecting work and overseeing quality control.
• Ensure the project is delivered on time and on budget by setting benchmarks, agreeing budgets and monitoring progress.
• Check design documents with architects, surveyors and engineers.
• Promote and maintain health and safety, including site inspections to ensure safety rules are being followed.
• Maintain Health & Safety documentation
• Maintain regular communication and attend meetings with clients and their representatives to inform them of progress on the project.
• Communicate with any consultants, subcontractors, supervisors, planners, quantity surveyors and others involved in the project.
• Deal with any unexpected problems that may occur during the project.
Relevant skills of a Site Manager include:
• Dry Lining Background essential
• A positive and proactive attitude.
• Strong communication skills – for liaising with a wide range of clients, professionals and workers on site.
• Leadership skills and an ability to motivate your team to ensure a high standard of work.
• Excellent planning and organisational skills – for monitoring project plans and schedules and utilising time and resources effectively.
• Resilience and problem-solving skills – to overcome unexpected challenges during the construction process.
• An ability to make decisions under pressure, so that the project can progress.
• Strong attention to detail for conducting site inspections and managing complex contracts.
• An awareness of health and safety procedures and legislation – for running a safe construction site.
• Sound commercial awareness – to allocate and manage your budget effectively and to understand client concerns.
• Strong Numerical and IT skills, including knowledge of relevant building methods and project management software to manage information and finances during the project.
• Valid CSCS Card- Gold or Black
• NVQ Level 3 Minimum
• First Aid
• Clean UK Driving License